We can’t give you an exact time frame for how long it will take to resolve a DUI case in Cincinnati because every case is different.
But we can tell you this:
- It will take anywhere from your first court appearance until about six months for your DUI case to be resolved.
- It is not uncommon to receive a good offer (depending on the facts of the case) at arraignment.
- We may not receive the evidence from the prosecutor for several weeks.
- If there’s video in the case, especially body worn camera video, it often takes longer to get the evidence because portions of the video may need to be redacted.
- Once the evidence is received, we have to evaluate the case for the relative strengths and weaknesses in the case.
- Adversarial hearings like DUI motions to suppress or DUI jury trials will add time to the case.
The bottom line is that every DUI case is different and there are many factors that influence the length of time it will take to resolve the case.
If you need help with a DUI arrest in Cincinnati or an upcoming court appearance in Hamilton, Butler, Warren or Clermont Counties on a DUI charge, call our office at our 24 Hour Emergency Number at 513.333.0014 to get professional help.